Graduation

Don’t you just love graduation season? For me it’s one of the best times of year. It warms my heart seeing all of the Facebook posts filled with smiling faces as everyone stands around the graduate. It’s a culmination of years of hard work for the student and a lifetime of support from the parents. The coolest part about graduating is that it represents the closing of one chapter of life and the beginning of another. It’s quite similar to how baptism marks the ending of your old self and the beginning of the new you ‭‭(2 Cor ‭5‬:‭17‬). So in the spirit of graduation season I’ve put together a short quiz to see how much you’ve matured since you graduated from the world and became a Christian. 


1. I help people even when I don’t feel like it. 

  • Hardly ever                       1 point
  • Sometimes                       2 points
  • More often than not        3 points


2. I hold a grudge for months if I feel I was badly mistreated. 

  • Hardly ever                       3 points
  • Sometimes                        2 points
  • More often than not         1 point


3. I expect someone to help me if I helped them. 

  • Hardly ever                        3 points
  • Sometimes                         2 points 
  • More often than not          1 point


4. When I’m in a position to help someone get ahead I help them even if they may become a competitor one day. 

  • Hardly ever                        1 point
  • Sometimes                        2 points
  • More often than not         3 points


5. I’m happy when something bad happens to someone I don’t get along with or dislike. 

  • Hardly ever                        3 points
  • Sometimes                        2 points
  • More often than not         1 point


6. When I’m angry I’ll go off on the person who upset me which may include a few choice words. 

  • Hardly ever                        3 points
  • Sometimes                         2 points
  • More often than not          1 point


Now add up your points…

Total score ________________


8 points or less: I have a lot of spiritual growing to do.   


9- 13 points: I’m looking less like the world but I’m still working on giving up my old ways. 


14 points or higher: People are seeing more of my Father and less of me. 


No matter your score, we all need to continue to build our relationship with God so on that glorious day we will hear Him say well done

good and faithful servant (Matt 25:21).


Think about it. 












Comments

  1. This is so on point we only think and do for ourselves or someone we love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. One of the hardest parts of being a Christian is to love (agape love) everyone– Michael PTL Wednesdays

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do Your Prayers Tell on You?

Passenger Seat Faith & The Trinity

Tick Tock. Tick Tock