Good News

I’ve sinned against God. I’ve allowed my selfish desires, my appetite to do the things I know I shouldn’t do come between me and my creator. Unfortunately, from the moment I committed my first sin I became alienated from God. He’s perfect in every way and cannot be in the presence of sin which means I cannot be in His presence. To add to my dilemma, God is eternal so the consequence of my actions is the permanent separation from God, from joy, from peace and love. 

When I die I’ll die in my sins and Lucifer wins. On the day of judgement I will be found guilty for the lies, fornicating, idolatry, and all of my other wrongdoings. The author of lies will have yet another soul to join him in eternal damnation. You see I’m not the first to rebel against Jehovah. Satan chose his path long ago and ever since he was cast out of heaven, his only mission is to prowl the earth like a lion enticing all of us to join in his horrible fate.


Oh, but if it hadn’t been for God’s love, my destiny would’ve been sealed just like Satan’s. My Lord in His infinite wisdom made a way for someone to take my place but not just anyone… the one. The one perfect sacrifice because he’s perfect, without sin. The one who descended from his heavenly throne to walk among men. Satan thought he’d won but death couldn’t hold the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. My savior rose from that tomb with all power and glory for He’s the alpha and omega, the miracle worker, promise keeper, the light in the darkness. His name is above every name. His name is Emanuel (God with us)!


He loves me so much that He willingly took my place so I now have a place in His kingdom. I didn’t wait for Jesus’ promised return before I got on my knees to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Moreover, I acknowledge His dominion over me by following his teachings and commandments as best I can. I know I’ll never be perfect but it’s okay. Jesus rewrote my story and He can rewrite all of our stories so rejoice– and start sharing the good news. 


Think about it. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do Your Prayers Tell on You?

Passenger Seat Faith & The Trinity

Tick Tock. Tick Tock