Marvelous Things

Zooming past the last yellow light I felt confident I’d be on time. I just dodged the final impediment and there was nothing  but uninterrupted road ahead… no more cross walks, stop signs, or red lights. Dashing out the car I made my way to the front door and that’s when it hit me: the sound of dozens of people singing “He has done marvelous. He has done marvelous things. Praise the Lord!” The beautiful chorus of praise confirmed I was indeed late but I realized the frantic rush was worth it as I made my way down the aisle. Joy filled my heart as I joined in (unable to carry a tune) with the harmonious singing, “Marvelous, marvelous, marvelous, marvelous things– praise the Lord!” 

It was an amazing worship service and on my way back home I kept humming that song. Hours later and I found myself at the dinner table low key singing, “He’s done marvelous, marvelous things– praise the Lord.” There aren’t a lot of lyrics to the song but its simplicity enhances its meaning. The things God does are truly marvelous. Take you for instance; you’re fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14). Out of all of the billions of people on this planet you’re one-of-a-kind. People may have similar gifts but no one has the same proportion of gifts God has blessed you with. Your appearance, thoughts, and personality are uniquely yours and God wouldn’t have it any other way so never let anyone put you down (including yourself). 


God created this incredible universe and He put you in it at this exact moment in time. Your presence on this planet was specifically timed by God so that you could be a blessing to others at the exact time they need it. You may be thinking what I said sounds far fetched but do you remember the time you were there to comfort a friend who just lost a loved one? How about the time you smiled and held the door open for a stranger you didn’t know was having a bad day? Or the time you paid it forward or helped a family member get out of a tight financial situation. We impact each other in so many ways without realizing that if it was someone else in that moment, they might not have given the person exactly what they needed. Oh how marvelous is God’s timing!


God has done and continues to do marvelous things but they’re often taken for granted. If you’re reading this blog, it’s safe to say you woke up this morning. Over 150,000 people didn’t get that blessing. The satisfying feeling that comes from a full stomach is something 735 million starving people will miss today. Our health, family, friends and fortune can easily be taken away. You’ve heard that before but hasn’t life shown you it’s true? Which leads me to the most marvelous gift of all– God’s plan of salvation. God knew we couldn’t save ourselves from ourselves so He did the miraculous. Jesus humbled himself and became a man. Not just any man but the perfect sacrifice for sin because he is perfect (without sin). “He’s done marvelous, He has done marvelous things– praise the Lord!” 


Think about it. 





Comments

  1. Amen! This is marvelously written. Great job doing God’s work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do Your Prayers Tell on You?

Passenger Seat Faith & The Trinity

Tick Tock. Tick Tock